Monday, June 30, 2008

Moving is a Bitch!

Well, I've been at my new blogging home for a couple of months now. It's recent enough that I remember starting this blog, but far enough in the past that I don't remember exactly how long I've been here. I'm still in the process of moving posts from my old location to this one, and I hit a milestone today... my 2005 entries are completed. When I decided to move my stuff, instead of simply cutting over, I had over 600 blog entries... that's a lot of shit to sift through. Early on, I was reading every entry, making sure that names and faces were obliterated, and making sure that I preserved anything and everything that meant something to me. This quickly became a painstaking process... hell, if I did six per day, that would take me over three months! Since then, I've become less selective, less thorough and less meticulous. I'm not migrating stuff each day. I'm not reading each entry word-for-word, I'm much more willing to ditch an entry as unnecessary, and I'm not as picky about changing each name,. After all, this blog is still private, and those of you who read it all know the names of the key players. I will though, change names and faces before taking this thing public again. It's nice to be done with 2005, but I've still got over 300 entries to browse and edit.

2 comments:

Paulius said...

I know what you mean.

A few months ago I was considering taking the entire contents of my blog and 'publishing' it in a hardback book through Lulu.com...just because I thought it was a neat idea and to see what it'd look like in 'book form'.

Then I realised just how much I'd written and the amount of work it would be to do...even if I just cut and paste whole archive pages.

Evan 08 said...

Yep... and then there's the realization of how much of it is plain and simple crap.