Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ye Old Family O' Nerds

Last weekend was our annual pilgrimage to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. Four years ago we started the yearly ritual, where we travel for a few hours, stay in a kick-@$$ hotel, spent a little too much money at the RenFest, and slowly accumulate a full-fledged Renaissance costume.

This year I purchased the bracers in this picture, but while we were there, we talked about hitting the Iowa Renaissance Festival next month. With this in mind, I figured it was time to get a vest, but I didn't feel like buying one -- mainly because I'm too cheap. So I made the vest in this picture instead. I was going for a pirate-style look, but the result looks a little more gypsy-like. Either way, I think it's pretty cool. and I'm going to keep expounding on it for a while. As a work in progress, I'm not sure where it will end.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Yeah- I can see the gypsy and the pirate in that outfit.....pretty cool actually....

Evan 08 said...

Thanks. It turns out that we're not going to hit the Iowa Renaissance Faire... we're going to see a WWE wrestling match instead.