Saturday, April 6, 2013

Rim Job

In the summer of 2006 I bought a new Sportster.  It was a baseline model, but I had wanted a Harley for many years, and the time was right.  This picture was taken the day I picked up the bike.


Since then I've done a few minor modifications along the way... a passenger seat and backrest, a windscreen and saddlebags, but nothing major.  Despite owning the bike for several years, it had remained very close to stock.  Things changed over the last summer though.  I did a bit of engine work, and increased the horsepower, and I had the rims customized.  You can't see the engine work, but trust me, you can feel it.  The rims, however, turned out far better than I had expected.  Check it out...


What do you think?

I've owned this bike for almost seven years now, and I still love it!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I think it's an awesome ride no matter how you switch it up. There's just nothing like owning a bike....the closest thing you'll ever get to feeling truly free and flying.
Looks awesome!!!