Monday, May 20, 2013

Daveathlon

I've missed the last two consecutive Friday workout sessions.  Last Friday was because of work.  The previous Friday was because of a concert.  Furthermore, I've been in a bit of a rut regarding my workout routine.  I've hit a major plateau and just haven't been able to break through it.  As a result, I've started to feel a bit discouraged and crappy about exercising.

I figured I'd kick myself in the complacency by doing my first ever Daveathlon today.  A while back, I realized that I'd eventually hit all of my original fitness goals, and decided to give myself another one.  My original goals, for those needing a reminder...

-First Class Marine Corps physical fitness test (achieved)
-Swim a mile (achieved)
-One set of 50 push-ups (not yet achieved)

My secondary goal is to do all of this in one day. Working toward this goal, I ran the PFT, swam and did a max set of push-ups.  I didn't get a First Class PFT, and I didn't get the 50 push-ups, but I did perform to the best of my ability and proved that this is a very achievable goal.  This also served the purpose of making up for one of my missed workout sessions.  It was a strenuous workout, but I did it, and I feel much better.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

wicked. you're a maniac.

Evan 08 said...

Not exactly maniac. I book-ended the workout with slacking on each side. After that workout I went on my boys' trip, which meant another week of missing the gym.

Got back last night. I'm going to do a bunch of push-ups at home today and hit the gym Wednesday.