Thursday, March 23, 2017

Back in Shape

In 2012 I made a few lifestyle changes and started getting into shape.  My original goals were relatively modest, with the primary one being the desire to pull off a First Class Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test.  At my peak, I pulled off a First Class PFT two age brackets below my own, and was in striking distance of hitting a First Class PFT for the 18 year old age bracket.  I injured myself in 2015 and stopped going to the gym for over a year.  I finally started hitting the gym in December of 2016.

Today, I did my first PFT since getting back to the gym, and I'm pleased to say that I managed to pull off a First Class PFT.  I was four points away from a First Class in the age bracket below me.  I've got a ways to go before I was in the shape I was before injuring myself, but I'm happy to have made this much progress in a few short months.

No comments: