Sunday, June 24, 2018

Congratulations Kids!

Last night, I had the privilege of walking my daughter down the aisle at a small, intimate ceremony in Las Vegas, where the bride and groom were surrounded by family and close friends.  I have many, many thoughts, and I'm having a hard time sorting them all out, so I'm just going to write stuff down as it comes to mind, and skip the eloquence...

Kid, I'm happy for you and Josh beyond words.  No ifs, no ands, no buts... just happy for you.

The happy family is moving to Reno next week.  A lot of people have asked me if I'm going to miss them... if I'm going to be sad.  Of course I'm going to miss them, but how could I possibly be sad?  My daughter is moving because she wants to see something beyond where she grew up.  This new family is doing exactly what young families do.  How could I feel anything but happiness for them.

The wedding itself was one in a series of events this week... they zip lined Fremont St.  They're riding their motorcycles to their new home, stopping in national parks on the way.  And they planned and executed all of this without any assistance...and they took mishaps in stride... even when Josh's bike died and he had to buy a new one.

I realize that you're going to have disagreements, trials and struggles, but know I'm confident that you can -- and will -- get through them and that your marriage will grow stronger and more loving with the passage of time.

If you need something... advice... help... just to say hi... I'm a phone call away.

Congratulations.  I love you.

-Dad

No comments: