Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New Trailer Hitch

Last weekend I bought a new Reese trailer hitch for my 2002 Dodge Dakota. I bought the hitch for towing a pop-up camper that I've acquired courtesy of my youngest brother, and because this same brother just bought a boat - which he said I could use. Of course, in order to use the boat I need to be able to tow it... hence the trailer hitch.

When I started shopping for the right hitch, I insisted on a good price, a strong hitch rating, and an easy install. I first looked at an Acme brand, but that hitch required me to drill holes in my frame (no easy install). On my second stop I found the Reese brand, which requires no drilling on my truck. Score!

I did the install yesterday, and I am pleased to report that it was as simple as advertised. I had to remove two OEM bolts, but I had access to an impact wrench so the removal process was effortless. If I would have had to remove these bolts by hand it would have taken a little longer, but the process still would have been relatively simple.

I won't bore you with the details, but I will unequivocally say that the Reese trailer hitch was the perfect fit for my 2002 Dodge Dakota. I definitely recommend this hitch for this vehicle.

*NOTE: I am not specifically recommending Reese for any vehicle other than mine. I am, however, saying that it was a perfect fit for my Dakota.

No comments: