Monday, October 13, 2008

Is it Possible to Simply Disagree

"Did you take a stupid pill?" These were the first words my brother said to me when he called me last night. Immediately after that he started trying to lecture me out of supporting Obama.

"How can you support him?" I explained that I wanted to support McCain, but McCain talked me out of supporting him by starting the mudslinging instead of sticking to the issues, through his proposal of taxing health care benefits, and through his selection of Sarah Palin, who I think it severely lacking in intellectual prowess. He responded by calling me naive. Apparently he believed that he could insult me into changing my vote. Instead, I told him that I no longer agree with McCain or his policies. I also told him that calling me naive was NOT the way to get me to change my mind.

9 comments:

Sunny said...

I'm leaning in the same direction you are- and for the same reasons.......I detest the mudslinging and IMHO Palin is just W-R-O-N-G for the job of VP of a superpower nation.........( and I highly suspect she may be a closet blond, as well.)
:-P

Paulius said...

Unfortunately, that's the way most people are. They're certain that the candidate they support is just about perfect for the job, while you'd have to be an idiot to vote for any of the others.

There's no debate or discussion, just a lot of "I'm right and you're stupid"

Quite frankly, this is the first election I've ever experienced where I'm GLAD I'm not legally able to vote. This is about the millionth time I've said this, but it really is like voting on whether you want to get shot or stabbed.

Evan 08 said...

The funny thing is that my conservative friends keep telling me that McCain is too liberal for them... but he's the one the conservatives have chosen.

rayray said...

I've always thought that when someone suggests "can we agree that we disagree?", is usually their way of saying "you're right, but I'm not going to admit that you're right".

Our CEO is always slinging that hash around

Sunny said...

LOL Ray-Ray.... my boss is always slinging too- but it's a different kinda "boy-cow hash".....and it means "NO-I'm right -no matter how right YOU are."

Boy-Cow Hash.........

Evan 08 said...

Ray, by your definition, that means I'm wrong.

rayray said...

well, just reverse it then!
8)

Sunny said...

Okay Evan-2008.........with the election so close now- are you doing one more post about the candidates?

Evan 08 said...

Rest assured, Sunny, there will be another.