Sunday, September 20, 2009

Another Guest Post

Law Enforcement-
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
By Ann Nonamus

A different points in MANY peoples lives they have been on BOTH sides of the law- whether or not they will openly admit it. I am one of those people.
There's a reason the phrase "A Thin Blue Line" was coined. There's a "thin blue line" between a cop and a crook. Some people even go so far as to say it takes a criminal to catch one. That's pretty darn accurate, to be honest.

I could tell you about how the "Good Ol' Boy" System is firmly entrenched in our system.
But I won't.

I could tell you about how the system is manipulated on a regular basis to satisfy first one and then another of the Good Ol' Boys needs.
But I won't.

I could tell you about how there are officers out there that you should be afraid of and avoid at all costs.
But I won't.

I could tell you that how the system works-(or rather, works against what/how you think it should ) should make you scared to death if you only were an "insider" for a short time.
But I won't.

I could tell you I had to think long and hard about how to write this article and not be incriminated or afraid to go out of my house because of a few simple statements and the off chance one of the local LE officers should run across it.
But I won't.

What I will tell you is that amongst the many master-manipulators there is a handful of law enforcement officers who truly believe in Law & Order and Justice in every sense of the words and go to work every single day to make our lives safer and our world a better place to live in. These are the ones I call "Everyday Heros". They don't get paid nearly enough to lay their lives on the line to protect us from, not only the "civilian" bad-guys, but the ones in uniform as well, and they receive very little, if any, Recognition or Respect for it. Even worse, they instead usually get lumped in with the "Good Ole Boys".

They know who they are. Both sets of them.
And if we look closely, so do you and I.
Nuff Said.

No comments: