Sunday, August 15, 2010

Funerals are for the Living

We laid my uncle to rest yesterday. It was a good funeral. The morticians did an awesome job of preparing the body. More people showed than I expected. It was a warm, but not hot summer day. After the funeral, the extended family went out for lunch. There were twelve of us all together. Many of us hadn't seen one-another for over a decade, but we instantly fell into a rhythm which had us laughing and joking with one-another as if it had been minutes since seeing each other, not years. We celebrated my uncle's life, caught up with others, and we were all enriched for the experience. I hope that another funeral is not required for us to get together again.

By the way, it turns out that my uncle and grandparents are interred next to a childhood friend's parents.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Sometimes Good times come from the most unexpected things.