Monday, June 27, 2011

Free Society, My Ass!

If we are a free society, then why do we have the highest rate of incarceration in the world?

If we are a free society, then why is the Supreme Court deciding whether or not cops have the right to put a GPS tracking device on someone's car without a warrant?

If we are a free society, then how is law enforcement allowed to seize a person's assets without due process?

If we are a free society, then why can I lose my job or freedom if I choose to consume marijuana?

If we are a free society, then why are parents thrown in jail for failure to pay child support?

If we are a free society, then why is the government saying that two consenting adults cannot marry?

Feel free to chime in...

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Hehe- and this is exactly why I love your blog so much!!!!

Evan 08 said...

... and I love the Sunny clan.