Thursday, February 16, 2012

What God has Done for Me

Today's post isn't designed to preach, and it's not designed to actively convert anyone. But if you are looking, I can tell you what God has done for ME. Before I talk about what He HAS done though, I should tell you what He HASN'T done.

-He hasn't commanded me to condemn homosexuals.

-He hasn't made more righteous than you or anyone else.

-He hasn't compelled me to turn my back on my non-Christian friends and family.

What God HAS done for me, is basically bring a sense of peace. It's not that I believe God will fill my life with nothing but puppies and rainbows, but He has helped me see and experience a life beyond myself.

-God has helped me not sweat the small stuff.

-He's helped me realize that virtually everything is small stuff.

-He has helped me become more generous.

-He's increased my compassion.

I'm not perfect. But having a relationship with God has helped me become a better human being.

No comments: