Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Concession

I fought a long and hard campaign, but the people have spoken, and Obama has been re-elected.  While I respect the people's decision to re-elect the President, I believe the primary reason that the two major parties remain in power are a combination of corruption, selfishness and ignorance.

Washington, large business and the mainstream media are the corruption.  It's in their best interest to tailor political messages to their liking, which keeps voters divided and prevents those who voice true alternatives from being heard.  Both candidates proved time and time again that they were willing to spend more time revising history, changing "facts" and slinging mud than discussing real issues and offering real solutions.

We, as Americans, have once again proven during this election cycle that we care more about our own interests than we do about our country.  Republicans wanted their tax breaks, to fatten their own wallets.  To hell with the poor.  The poor wanted to protect their entitlements.  The fact is, that EVERYONE must sacrifice if we are going to prosper over the long run.

We have also demonstrated our collective ignorance by continuing to buy into the false choice of our current political system.  Numerous people have said that they wanted to vote for me, but were afraid that [insert candidate name here] would win, so they were voting for [previous candidate's opponent].  This, my friends, is the false choice.  The only way to break this cycle is for EVERYONE to understand that there are always more than two choices.

As I said at the beginning of this post, I respect the people's decision.  I will support the President.  But as an American, I will freely exercise my right to voice dissent when I believe that the President, or any other politician for that matter, is deviating from what's best for the country.  I will continue to be a centrist, common-sense voice of reason.  Hopefully, one day, I can contribute to the killing of corruption, the cessation of selfishness, and the eradication of ignorance.  Until then, I will keep fighting the good fight.

God Bless America

No comments: