Thursday, March 9, 2006

I Nearly Ate Myself Sick


Last week, I tried Paulius' special chicken recipe, which I dubbed Chicken Paulius in his honor. (You can see my post if you're interested in the recipe, with my personal twist, and my review on the results.)

When posting the recipe for Chicken Paulius, he said that he'd take his recipe for his chicken mushroom casserole to the grave. After trying his first recipe though, I had to at least ask for the basic ingredients and process. The intent was to show my willingness to respect his desire to guard his super-secret recipe, but still get an idea of what it entailed, and try to make it myself. Being the gentleman that he is though, Paulius shared the entire recipe with me, and I tried it tonight. I've got to say that it's not only one of the best things I've ever cooked, it's one of the best things I've ever tasted, and I almost ate myself sick.

For those of you who may want to know how it's made, don't bother asking. I've been sworn to secrecy... actually I was threatened to secrecy, but that's not the issue. The point is, Paulius requested that I not share his recipe, and it's a request that I will happily honor.

Paulius, I make a decent spaghetti and a killer pot roast, but I have to admit that after trying your last two recipes, I doubt that I have much to offer you in return. That said though, if I can share any recipe with you, please, don't hesitate to ask.

No comments: