Tuesday, May 9, 2006

An Entry from the "Glad I'm Outta There" Department

I got a call from my old job yesterday. Apparently one of the mail servers crashed, never to return. My old co-workers hastily fixed the issue by manually re-creating the mailboxes on a different server in a different location, but it looks like the mail in these folks' mailboxes when the crash occurred may never be recovered. Fortunately for everyone concerned, this is a relatively small amount of data, but their contacts are probably gone too. I'm bummed to hear that my old co-workers had to deal with this, but I'm sure glad that I wasn't around to have to pick up the pieces. I'd love to tell my old management "I told you so," but I'll refrain. The ones that would have listened already get it, and the ones that wouldn't have listened wouldn't listen now, so I'd just be wasting my breath.

No comments: