Thursday, October 11, 2007

Music for my Ears

I've got such a considerate wife and kid. Since the beginning of this year, the little daughter has been telling me that she was saving up to get me something cool. Last night, my wife and the younger kid came in the house, announced that they had something cool for me, and presented me with a gift certificate to Guitar Center -- enough for me to purchase a new guitar.

This is very cool on many levels. The guitar I've been playing is nice (a Fender Stratacaster), but it's not mine. Since I've been playing for almost two years, I think it's time for me to have my own axe. And while I love the way the strat plays, I prefer the warmer sound of a Les Paul. The timing couldn't be better. I've been hitting the guitar store lately, trying out several different setups... in retrospect though, this kind of start at the kid's prompting. I guess she was trying to get me in the store to see what I'd like.

Anyway, a big thanks to my wonderful wife and the little 'un for their thoughtful gift. I will be taking my sweet little girl to the guitar store tomorrow, and choosing out my new rig. I'll post some pics when I get it purchased.

No comments: