Saturday, December 19, 2009

Challenging Week

My kid's been home from school all week with chronic dizziness, nausea and headaches. The doctors have thus far failed to adequately diagnose her, but it appears to be nothing life-threatening. At least the blood tests and CAT scan look clean. Maybe an inner ear problem causing vertigo? Either way, after this long, she's really tired of being sick, and I'm more than just a little concerned.

Mrs. Evan has been feeling a little under the weather too. And she's such a trooper. The kid's feeling sick, so Mrs. Evan refuses to stop... it's more important for her to be there for the kid than it is for her to stop. I have to admit... I can relate to this.

The younger kid's being a trooper too. She was waaay worried about her sister; she's been very patient, understanding and kind to her sick sister.

To complicate matters a bit, I was kindly notified by Child Support Recovery that my ex wife has requested a child support review. UGH! The money aspect isn't really the primary issue from my perspective... But I'm not going to get into that.

And on the same day I found out about the child support crap, my garage door opener blew out. I was ready to buy a new one... I removed the old one last night. Mrs. Evan opened the door by hand today, and the shit fell off the tracks. Fortunately, I called my best-est friend, and he spent the day helping me put things back together. For $250 - including the new garage door opener - we got everything put back together and running smoother than ever.

Oh yeah... I also noticed that when my sick kid is feeling icky, she wants her boyfriend, not me. I'm a bit wistful about that, but I also get that it's part of growing up.

I'm a little drained after all of this activity... but wifey is sleeping after being sick all week... the older kid is still sick (today is day six), and the younger kid has a friend spending the night. I'll sleep in an hour or two.

No comments: