Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Poor Sick Kid

My older daughter has been down for over a week... dizziness, nausea, and debilitating headaches. I took her back to the emergency room Friday night, where they gave her a CAT scan and ran a few tests. They said that there's nothing immediately life-threatening, which is good. But we're all getting frustrated at the glacial pace of things. We had an appointment with her family doctor today, but the doctor's office notified us that the doc is sick, so we had to reschedule.

The kid seems to be slowly improving, but damn... it's a bitch to watch your kid be sick. And I'll admit it... I'm not at my best when dealing with the medical bureaucracy.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Amen. Hope all is well and you all had a Merry Christmas.

Evan 08 said...

Yeah, it's good now... and so was Christmas.