Sunday, December 26, 2010

Crafty

Here's a shot of my latest craft...

There's a bit of a story to this. The charms you see on this necklace are crushed pennies, and it all started as a lark. I got my older daughter a "present" a couple of years back. Without going into the details, she wasn't wild about the original gift when she received it, but it inadvertently started a tradition. Over the last couple of years, every time we'd pass one of those penny crushing machines, I'd give the kid a penny and make another "charm."

After a while, the kid acquired quite the collection, and I decided to do something about it. My original idea was a charm bracelet, but I quickly realized that she had too many charms for a mere bracelet. Thus, the necklace you see here. The cool part is that we can add to the necklace as time passes and continue the tradition.

1 comment:

Paulius said...

Neat idea...just make sure she doesn't wear it near powerful magnets or lightning storms.