Friday, February 4, 2011

My Poor Sick Puppy

Okay, she's not a puppy... she's almost ten years old. But she's still sick.

She's been chewing on her tail today. Over the past week and a half, I watched the tip of her tail go from slightly bald, to slightly inflamed, to the point where the vet is amputating a little over half of it. I think that she started chewing on it because of nerves, and I tried to prevent her from chewing... I wrapped her tail in gauze and sprayed that bitter stuff that prevents chewing, I put that dorky cone around her head... but I guess it was too little, too late. So, she's losing about half of her tail today. As long as it truly fixes the problem, I guess it's no big deal.

I've already begun, and plan to continue, behavioral modification... exercise and stuff like that. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Awwww- poor puppy!!!!