Wednesday, August 29, 2012

For Immediate Release

A potential constituent asked about my campaign stance on burritos.  For the record, I am pro burrito.  In line with this, I should also clarify my stance on sauerkraut.  I am not a personal supporter of sauerkraut, but I do support an individual's right to be pro-sauerkraut.  I believe that the government has no place in a person's kitchen.  I know that people will say I'm opening up a slippery slope... that sauerkraut is a gateway food... that it's a short road to cake addiction.  But I stand by my convictions.  The government has no place in a person's kitchen.  At some point, the government needs to understand that people are smart enough to make their own decisions... that if we tightly regulate the kitchen, then it's only a matter of time before they assign an au pair to each of us, and turn the land of the free into a nanny state.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

What? You don't like Broccoli....I mean sauerkraut? Oh my.......well, not even with fried wienies in it? Have you ever TRIED it that way? And I don't meant with a couple of wienies in it- I mean a whole PACK or two of 'em cut up in slices and chunked in it.

This new information could seriously damage your campaign, dude. If I was you I would at least TRY the kraut & fried wienies and THEN give your FINAL decision.

Let us know in an update.

Evan 08 said...

I never said that I don't like broccoli. The fact of the matter is that I DO like broccoli.

I can't say that I've had kraut with a lot of hot dogs chopped up in it. I have, however, had sauerkraut loaded on top of a hot dog, and still wasn't particularly thrilled with the kraut. I can TOLERATE it, but it's not my favorite.

While we're on the subject, also have to concede that hot dogs aren't my favorite food either. I guess I had too many of them when I was young and poor.

Once again, I may not prefer these foods myself, but I do support the individual's right to eat hot dogs and/or sauerkraut in any combination or manner that they deem fit. I understand that this disclosure could cost me votes -- even the election -- but I believe that running an honest campaign is more than winning.

Sunny said...

I honestly wish/hope you actually were/are running, Dave. Honesty at the cost of votes. How refreshing!!!!