Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Opening a Savings Account

This a follow-up to an earlier post about my trip to the ER last week.  I visited my primary doc and found out the results of my tests.  Basically, I'm experiencing extra heartbeats.  The doctors don't seem to be incredibly worried about my immediate heart health, but they have asked me to eliminate caffeine and reduce alcohol consumption, and then follow up with them in a month.  These are relatively minor lifestyle changes that I believe I can accomplish relatively easily.  I've also got the green light to start a moderate exercise program in addition to the aforementioned recommendations.  I've also switched from beer to red wine, because I've heard that it's more heart healthy... and, since I don't like it as much as beer, I won't be so inclined to overindulge.

In the meantime, I think that I'm going to store up those extra heartbeats and keep them in a savings account.  I'll withdraw them when my heart starts skipping beats.

No comments: