Thursday, August 6, 2026

Not the Way

As this Cyclosporiasis thing is still going strong because of bad lettuce, I'm now reading there's a problem with jalapenos.  It's almost as if the universe it trying to tell us that a global mega food chain, full of an exploited work force, while simultaneously woefully lacking in product diversity, is not the way.

 #EatLocal

2 comments:

Lavada said...

The Jalapeño news hasn't reached my ears til now- that's not a good thing...one of my sons buddies is staying at ours until he finds another place and as he is hispanic he uses a lot of those in his meals when it's his night to cook! Of course, we/he do/does shop local so I don't think there is much of a danger for us tbh....

Evan 08 said...

Yeah, I just got a bunch of jalapenos from my local farmers market and I'm gonna brine 'em so I can use them indefinitely.