Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Past Meets the Present


Everyone has one... one of those friends who you haven't seen in years. You remember the friend fondly and think of him often. You wish you could get together more frequently, and kick yourself for not contacting him more. But you never seem to get around to visiting, and before you know it, years or even decades have zipped by and you still haven't seen him.

Well, I finally got the opportunity to see several friends from my past last weekend. Adam found the woman of his dreams and they got married. I was asked to be in the wedding. I hadn't seen Adam, Gary, Jeannie and Ray in over a decade.

For the most part, it was as if we hadn't been apart for more than a week. Of course there were a couple of tell-tale signs reminding us how long it had been since we had last seen each other. I used to babysit Ray, and now he's a grown man. Last time I saw him, he was the same age and size as my older daughter is now, and he's gone and super-sized himself. Last time Adam saw my not-so-little-anymore girl (his Goddaughter), she was barely walking. Now she's almost a teenager.

It's amazing how time flies.

No comments: