Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Welcome Home


While I was in New York, I left my dogs with some friends. I did this when I took my weekend trip to Las Vegas back in January, and their dogs fought with mine, causing a trip to the vet.

I knew this was a possibility this time, but we took some precautions, hoping to prevent another vet bill. Unfortunately, the dogs still managed to get into a fight, and once again my dog got her @$$ kicked. As you can see from the picture, she got ripped up pretty badly.

I've got to say that I'm NOT blaming my friends for what happened here. I believe they did their best to keep the dogs from fighting, and I know they feel horrible about the whole thing.

That said, I was crushed when I saw my poor canine companion's leg, and her head in that cone. It broke my heart to see her limping around, and I almost felt her pain when I saw all of the staples and drains in her leg. On the good side, there's no nerve or tendon damage, so she should make a full recovery.

No comments: