Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Plan in the Making

Once again I've been horribly remiss in my posting, but there's a method to my madness. You see, since April, I've been planning on getting a new Harley-Davidson Sportster 883. This weekend brought me one step closer to fulfilling my vision. I took a motorcycle safety class over the weekend. I used to own a bike, but it's been almost 20 years since I've ridden, so I figured a refresher course was in order. The big bonus to taking this safety course is that passing the course in Iowa pretty much guarantees that I get the license... I don't even have to take the test at the DOT (or DMV, depending on what state you're in). All I need to do is show the DOT folks my certificate, pay the fees (and not piss them off) and voila, I get the license. This week, I'll go to the DOT to get the license, and if all works out well, I will be the owner of a brand new Harley by next weekend. I've been wanting a Harley for about ten years, so wish me luck.

No comments: