Monday, June 25, 2007

I Love My Kids, But...

There really shouldn't be a "but" in the title. I really do love my kids. I enjoy spending time with them. I not only love them, I like them too. They're good kids. They're smart, responsible and conscientious.

With that said though, I also enjoy time without them from time to time. I savor the time where the love of my life and I can sleep in, go to concerts, or just do nothing. This weekends the kids are spending a little extra time with their mom, because their mom's mother is visiting. This is giving my better half and me a little extra grown-up time. Over the last few days, we've taken a walk in the rain, gone to a concert, tried a new restaurant, and attended a BBQ cook-off. I've enjoyed every minute with her.

Yes, I really love my rugrats, but I also enjoy my couple time with my wife.

No comments: