Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mmmmmmmm.... Blueberries

A couple of weeks back, the Mrs. brought home some blueberries home with the weekly groceries. Since we all love blueberries, I figured they'd disappear that same afternoon, but lo and behold they were still in the refrigerator a couple of days later. Sensing that the kids had possibly forgotten about them, I moved them to the back of the refrigerator so I could eat them later.

Fast forward to the next day... we had eaten dinner, I wanted some dessert, and I remembered the blueberries. Picturing them nestled quietly in the back of the refrigerator, I cruised out to the kitchen, opened the refrigerator door, reached to the back and discovered... nothing. The kids had found them. Curses!

I casually mentioned that I'd have liked some blueberries, and the older kid chimed in that she wanted some too. My better half offered to run out and get some (she's so thoughtful that way), but I told her that wouldn't be necessary. She stayed home, but did surprise us by bringing some home the next evening. (Did I mention how thoughtful she is?)

Not wanting to miss out twice in a row, I started eating them right away, while the wife went back to the bedroom to change out of her work clothes. While I was eating and she was changing, we had one of those across-the-house conversations, but I couldn't quite hear what she was saying. Since I didn't want to make her shout, I went back to the bedroom so I could hear her more clearly.

When I got there, she had removed her top and was just wearing her bra. The bra was a deep blue satin job. I couldn't help myself... I looked at her chest, pointed and said "Mmmmmmmmm... boob-berries."

No comments: