Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Inconvenienced

As I was getting ready for work this morning, my cell phone rang...

"Hello?"

"Daddy?"

"Yeah kid, what's up?"

"Umm... {Neighbor Kid} and I missed the bus."

"Okay, come back home. I should be ready to leave the house when you get here."

A few minutes passed and sure enough, the kids got to the house as I was ready to leave. Just as the kids jumped in the truck, the garbage men came by and emptied our trash cans. I walked to the curb, picked up the cans and heard
"Dad, leave those things there. You can get 'em after work."

"It's supposed to rain today, so I'd rather do this now."

"But we're going to be late for school," she responded, obviously annoyed with me.

Let me get this straight. You missed the bus, but you're worried that you'll be late because I'm taking my trash cans to the garage? A mere 60-second walk? What about the fact that I'm going to be late for work because I've got to take you to school?

"Look kid, you need to remember that you're inconveniencing me and chill a bit."

"Okay, but if I get dropped from my class because of excessive tardies, it's your fault."

No comments: