Sunday, December 2, 2007

Long Winter Nap

Even if you don't live in my neck of the woods, you probably heard about the cool ice storm we had yesterday. It grounded planes, slowed traffic and interrupted our electricity; all in all it wasn't that bad though. Heck, I went out in the storm so I could go to work and pick up a gift for the kids that I'd been hiding there. But then again, I own a 4X4, so I tend to have fun this time of year... going to the parking lots and doing donuts and so forth. Oh sorry... I'm digressing.

As I mentioned a bit ago, we lost electricity for a while, starting sometime between 7:00 and 7:30 PM. I had run out of coffee, and missed my usual gallon of caffeine, so I was already tired but also wanted to spend time with my sweetie. When the power went out, I interpreted that as God's way of telling me it was bedtime. I looked in Mrs. Ozzy's general direction (I wasn't totally sure where she was because it was pitch black in the house) and said that we should snuggle to preserve heat. We were in bed by 7:30 and I was fast asleep soon after. I ended up sleeping for about 12 hours. Man, I love long sleeps in the winter, and when I woke up this morning, I had my coffee and went to work around the house... painting my kid's room, shoveling the driveway... cooking chili for dinner... and it's not even noon yet.

No comments: