Friday, December 28, 2007

More Snow

I've seen more snowfall this year than any year in recent memory. Of course "recent memory" is a relative term... I can only remember a couple of years back with any clarity. I've got a love-hate relationship with winter and snow. I love the rugged beauty of a winter landscape, but I don't like the reduced amount of daylight. I like driving around in my 4X4 during and immediately after a fresh snow, but I don't particularly care for shoveling my driveway. I like playing in the fluffy white stuff, but detest being cold.

I think the best part about this year's snowfall is that the kids got a white Christmas, and it's always snowed during my time off, so I don't have to rush home only to clean my driveway after dark. Another really cool thing has been the snowplow guy. He's not your stereotypical city worker who takes sadistic delight in filling the end of the driveway with snow right after you finish shoveling. In fact, I've seen him take great pains to ensure that he does NOT do that.

No comments: