Sunday, August 2, 2009

Construction Time Again

I hope you'll pardon the Depeche Mode reference... I couldn't resist. Today's post has nothing to do with music, and everything to do with construction.

As you all know, my town was hit hard by flooding last summer. The town has come a long way in recovering, but there's still a lot to do. Early on I helped here and there with the recovery efforts, but I haven't done much for a long time.

Recently, my church decided to help with the recovery efforts by adopting a home. I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but I ended up as one of the project leaders on this yet-to-be-adopted home. I found out today that we've got a house to fix up. I can't wait to get my hands on the place.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

That's freakin' Awesome, Dude. I think the world would be a better place if more people gave back to their community.
I know after all your home improvement projects you'll be a great project manager.
Good Luck!