Saturday, July 25, 2009

This & That

This summer has been a little hectic on the home front, but it's getting back to normal. In the last couple of months...

-I went on my weeklong Boys' Trip.
-My brother-in-law came for a visit.
-The kids went to Texas with their mom.
-The kids then went to Colorado to visit a family friend.

My brother-in-law left a couple of days before the kids returned from Colorado, giving Mrs. Evan and I a precious couple of days' worth of peace and quiet.

When the kids got home, we chatted about their trip, and they asked me how things were while they were gone. A snippet of the conversation with my younger daughter...

"... [brother-in-law] left a couple of days ago, so [Mrs. Evan] and I had a couple of quiet days," I said.

Giving me a wry grin, my younger daughter asked "Don't you mean that you had a couple of days where you could be loud?" I'm sure you understand the reference she was making, and all I could do was grin.

"Huh," my older daughter asked? "Oh, that's gross. Dad, we don't need to know if you and [Mrs. Evan] were loud. We all burst out laughing.
-----
Mrs. Evan and I were talking about the movie Say Anything... specifically the scene where Lloyd holds the stereo over his head outside of Diane's bedroom window, playing "In Your Eyes," by Peter Gabriel. I looked at Mrs. Evan and said "You know, the original wording of that song was "In Your Thighs," but Peter Gabriel figured that the song probably wouldn't get any airplay with that title, so he changed it. Apparently I was pretty convincing, because she actually bought it for a minute.
-----
You may remember my post from last week, where I said that my friend Greg and I brought his Jeep back from the dead. He sent me an email a couple of days later, informing me that it's dead again. Apparently the fuel line is completely clogged. So we're going to spend some time dropping the fuel tank and thoroughly cleaning it. Then he's putting it up for sale. Rayray, interested in buying a Jeep??
-----
I can't put it off any longer. I need a new roof on the house. Okay, I don't necessarily need the entire roof redone, but I need new shingles, and new soffit, fascia, drip edge and gutters on the rear of the house. The soffit and fascia are rotted. I've been putting it off for... well... too long. If it gets any worse, I'll be talking big bucks for repair. I've got the quote, I've got the loan approved. Now it's just a matter of signing the paperwork and letting the contractor do his job. I'm not wild about taking out another loan right now, but I can't put it off any longer.
-----
I think I've pretty much caught you up. Guess that's all for now.

2 comments:

rayray said...

yea, WE don't need to hear if you and Mrs. Evan were loud either!

as far as the jeep;perhaps............

today's word verification:tedism.

this would be any thought or description of something made up by a man named "Ted"..........

Sunny said...

LOL- all I have to say about it is...Yay Loud!!

You've been BUSY the past few weeks!!
But don't worry......
School will be starting back soon tho- and then you get to be REALLY busy again!!
;-)