Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Rare Opportunity... Or... Making Paulius Jealous

I had this REALLY awesome opportunity a few days ago. The whole story isn't that exciting, so I'll stick to the short version. I had a chance to buy a brand new, high-end TV for half of the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price... 25% LESS than the WHOLESALER paid for it. Long story short, I upgraded from a 47" rear projection TV to a 55" LED TV, and spent over $1000 less than if I had purchased it at Best Buy. In fact, it's such a new model that Best Buy doesn't yet have this model in stock. I've been watching TV almost all day, and I can't remember the last time I had this many multiple eyegasms in a single sitting.

And, by the way, no, there's nothing wrong with it... no blemishes, minor defects or anything like that. And no, it's not stolen. It was used for less than four hours in a demonstration at a technical conference, and they sold it as an "opened item." I haggled with them and got the price reduced even lower.

4 comments:

Paulius said...

Dude, you suck.


SUCK!


damn it...

Just thinking of what COD5 would look like on that bad boy. May have to plan a little road trip before I leave for the UK.

Evan 08 said...

Halo was awesome.

Paulius said...

Well, I know that switching from out 22" SD TV too our 38" 720p TV was like getting a whole new console...so I can only imagine what it's like on your new one.

I'd have to break it in with a Lord of the Rings Extended Director's Cut marathon

Evan 08 said...

Ohhhh... LOTR... good idea. I used "The Incredibles" and "Moulin Rouge."