Monday, May 17, 2010

But That Was THEM!!!

Author's Note: Today's post originally had no title, so I've opened it up to you all to come up with one. I like Sunny's so I've changed the title accordingly. That said, the offer stands, if you can come up with a title that's better than what I have now, I'll change it...


When I was younger... a LOT younger... about a third of a lifetime ago, when I was still married to wife 1.0, I had a friend who was constantly getting busted for driving without a license. In fact, he got busted so often that he did multiple stints in county jail for driving while barred. I was always a bit amused and confused as to how this kept happening to him. First off, if your license is suspended, then... ummm... maybe you should, I don't know, QUIT DRIVING. Second, it seems that if you're driving without a valid license, you should be doubly careful, so you don't draw attention to yourself and get busted for driving without a license. And I distinctly remember wife 1.0 talking about what a dumb-ass my friend was for driving without a license.

Fast-forward ten years or so. I'm still married to wife 1.0... our neighbors were complaining about how their son kept getting busted for driving without a license. The guy racked up lots of fines, because he kept driving without a license. Once again, I distinctly recall wife 1.0 talking about what a dumb-ass the neighbor's kid was for driving without a license.

Fast-forward again to today. Wife 1.0 has just had her license suspended again. I'm not exactly sure how many times her license has been suspended, but this is definitely more two... I think less than five. But I can't help myself... I find out that she's had her license suspended yet again, and I distinctly recall all of those times where she was bashing on others for driving without a license... saying shit like How stupid do you have to be to lose your license in the first place?? and It's not that tough... you lose your license and you don't drive. I guess all of her spouting off doesn't apply now that the shoe is on the other foot.

And remember, if you can come up with a better title for today's post than the one Sunny suggested, I'm open to suggestions...

3 comments:

Sunny said...

"Do As I Say........Not As I Do"...

"Easier Said Than Done"

"But That Was THEM!!!"

:-P

Paulius said...

Weirdly, I know a few people like that. Perfectly sensible and logical when judging other people's actions...but completely blind to it when they do the same thing.

I'm far from perfect, but I practice what I preach.

Evan 08 said...

I like the third one Sunny.