Grandson is on his way back home today. The house feels unusually quiet, despite his being here for only three weeks. I guess I got used to his presence.
I won't miss the mess he left in his wake.
I won't miss telling him to do things that is common sense for an adult to do, such as flushing the toilet.
I won't miss watching him fall into the abyss of his cell phone.
I won't miss him arguing with his little cousin.
I will miss the trash talk.
I will miss the mundane conversation about nothing in particular.
I will miss him at the gym and Marine PT.
I will miss cooking with and for him.
I will miss playing video games with him.
I will miss him arguing with his little cousin, despite what I said earlier.
I will miss him.
1 comment:
Awwww... that's so sweet.
Post a Comment