Monday, September 26, 2005

Fighting the Good Fight

No, this isn't a story about Iraq, Katrina, or anything like that. Much more trivial...

Since Thursday, I've been having HUGE problems with my project of migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. How the problem arose was mainly my fault, but I've got to say that I'm horribly disappointed with the quality of Microsoft's tech support. Over the course of four days (including a FULL Saturday of work), I got absolutely NOWHERE! I would have had just as much success conferencing with monkeys in a zoo. (I say zoo, because they're generally less combative than monkeys in the wild.) Today, I finally gave up and decided to roll my exchange 2003 migration back to ground zero and start from scratch. That bothers me. By the time I get done, it will have taken me a week go get back to where I should be... that bothers me too. But what really bugs me is the abysmal support I got from Microsoft. They've always been so good in the past. Wish me luck.

No comments: