Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ready to Return

I've had a good vacation, but by the time I got to bed last night, I was ready for my return to work this morning. I love time off, but I was going a little crazy by the end of my holiday. Staying up late, sleeping in, too much food and eggnog and general laziness took its toll on my normally energetic self.

I think the worst part though is my messy house. Between general laziness on my part, missing a garbage day, and clutter from Christmas, I was a neurotic mess after a few days... almost to the point of getting a nervous twitch or something. Unfortunately I was also overwhelmed to the point of paralysis and got nothing done. On the good side, garbage night is tonight, which will allow me to clear out tons of garbage and start getting rid of the clutter.

Returning to work is also my excuse for a return to structure. I will get back to normal meals and a reasonable bedtime. I still dislike getting up to the alarm, but hey, I've got to take the bad with the good. Before I know it, I'll be ready to return... to vacation.

No comments: