Monday, November 3, 2008

How Much Does It Matter?

Like it or not, race is a factor in this presidential election. Face it, there will be white people who don't vote for Obama because he's black, and there will be minorities who do vote for him because he's black. I don't agree with either position, but there's nothing I can do to change the facts.

I am curious though, how many people will vote for McCain because he's white, and how many will vote for Obama because he's black. My hope is that one day skin color won't make any difference at all. Unfortunately, I don't think this will happen during my lifetime.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

I agree- The Goddess is at that point now- skin color doesn't matter a WHIT to me, I mean her. Unfortunately, not many people are as enlightened as The Goddess.

(Don't you just hate people who talk about themselves in the third person?)
Me Too.

My mom and I went together to vote today and she is one of those color-biased persons. I had to ask her to stop making references like that about a couple of the "Black/African American/ or whatever the political correct title is nowadays" candidates because I was fixin' to let my mouth over-ride my respect for my parent.
My entire family I'm sad to say is like that except for my two sons & they, like me, have lots of Black friends and realize that there are Good people and there are Bad people......skin color has diddly to do with it. I wish others would figure that out.

In case you're wondering-I voted for Obama.... my moms vote and mine canceled each other out.

Evan 08 said...

My parents and brothers all voted for McCain. But I'm a good winner... I won't gloat... much.

Sunny said...

Oh I WILL......It's the first time EVER that I've voted FOR something and that side WON!!!

No joke.
First
Time
Ever!!!