Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful For

My wife. My rock. My companion. She brings home the bacon, and I fry it up in a pan. And yet I still somehow manage to retain custody of my testicles.

My kids. Life would present fewer challenges if they weren't around, but who needs that.

My dogs. The only creatures on the planet who consistently listen to me, and they're always happy when I get home.

My boss. A small business owner, he seems to genuinely care about his employees and his customers.

A small, intimate group of friends. When I was younger, I had a large but shallow group of friends. This left me with little time to reflect, a crazy social calendar and the sense of never quite knowing who I could trust. I'm glad my circle of friends is smaller, but very tried and true.

Change. Going from my last job to this one was very stressful. I was scared about how we'd make ends meet. It took a little bit of adjustment on my part to become comfortable with my new role as house-husband and part-time worker. It required me to be the dependent instead of the provider. But having made that adjustment, I can certainly say that I am enjoying life more now than I think I ever have.

No comments: