Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's Me. No, Really!

According to an article posted on Yahoo, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, a Republican congresswoman from Florida, hung up on President-elect Barack Obama... not once, but twice.

She didn't really hang up on Obama per se, after all, Obama doesn't have to make his own phone calls anymore. But in each case, someone called her and informed her that the President-elect wanted to speak to her. She thought it was a radio station trying to punk her, and hung up both times.

On the third try, a democratic congressman called her and informed her that Obama was indeed trying to get through. Oops. She informed the President-elect that she thought she was being pranked, and Obama was apparently a good sport about the whole thing. Fortunately for her, Obama seems to have a good sense of humor.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I probably would have hung up, too if it had happened to me.....I mean REALLY....Barack calling ME????
To personally thank me for voting for him, no doubt.
He'd have to come do it in person before I'd believe it- and I'd STILL probably thing it was some-one Pranking me with a LOOK-Alike actor.