Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Listless

The house is messy, and I don't feel like cleaning. There. I've said it. I'm sure this is primarily because I'm not feeling 100%, but I also look around and once again am feeling like the kids just don't care. That's probably because they don't. It's just amazing how they can't put ANYTHING away. I guess that's not quite true. They do occasionally put dirty dishes in the sink, and when they take a shower, they put their dirty clothes in the hamper. But that truly is all they put away. They will put a dirty dish away, but leave trash the trash that was right next to the dish. They'll toss the dirty clothes into the hamper, but the clean clothes sit in a basket for days, and I have to threaten punishment in order to get stuff put away.

I'm really not feeling bitchy, I think I just wanted an excuse to not clean. But then again, I know how I operate. Even if I still feel crappy tomorrow, I will clean anyway, because I won't be able to stand the clutter.

On the good side, I feel less crappy than I did yesterday and last night. I'm still a little congested and listless, but I took some cold medicine... which seems to have helped more than the allergy medicine... maybe I've got a cold. Either way... I'm pumping myself full of fluids, resting and relaxing.

I had an MRI today. For the last couple of weeks... more than two weeks, but less than a month... I've been having right shoulder pain and numbness in my right thumb, but only when I move a certain way. I figured I'd get it looked at before it got serious. An X-Ray didn't catch it, so I had the MRI. They found a bulging disc in my back. Pretty much what I thought it was. Now I get to go in for an epidural steriod shot next week, with the hopes that the shot will reduce inflammation in the nerve and alleviate the pain and numbness.

The pain and numbness are something that I could live with, but I'd rather address it now as opposed to waiting until things spiral out of control. It's the only body I've got, and I put some hard miles on it when I was a little younger. I figure it's time to start taking care of it.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Have you noticed that when you have any kind of medical proceedure done on you- no matter how non-taxing it is physically, you seem to be just exhausted for days after?

Hope you recover soon, Evan. Being under the weather really sux.

Evan 08 said...

Not usually. I tend to feel kind of energized, because I'm getting closer to finding the root cause of whatever ails me. But then again, I've never been in the hospital for days and days, getting poked and prodded repeatedly.