Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Not Exactly Insomnia

It's 4:30 in the morning, and I'm sitting in front of the computer. The kids crashed in the living room, so I can't watch TV or read a book. Hey, no sense in making everyone else suffer with me, right? Believe me, I'd much rather be sleeping right now, but my allergies are giving me some grief. After waking up every 30 to 60 minutes due to sinus congestion, I finally gave up, got up and took a long, hot shower. It provided a few minutes of relief. Now, I'm hoping that sending some scalding hot tea down my throat will help things a bit. It's certainly not hurting anything, but I wish I could taste it.

I'm lucky in the aspect that I don't get sick. I think it's because my immune system is such an efficient machine. Unfortunately, it's also a little overzealous and attacks benign invaders such as pollen. The part that really sucks is that allergy season hasn't come close to kicking in, and it's been raining for days straight, which has the effect of reducing airborne pollen. In other words, it's going to get worse before it gets better and I'm just going to have to tolerate it.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Ouch- I feel for ya, Evan.

If ya don't mind me askin'.......why are the kids crashed in the living room instead of their bedrooms on a school night? It drives me crazy when I have a sleepless night and someone is crashed on the couch so I can't clean.(That's MY fav pastime when I can't sleep)

Evan 08 said...

They like sleeping in the living room for some reason, and I guess as long as they go to sleep at their bedtime, I suppose I don't really care where they sleep.

Sunny said...

LOL- I hear ya, Dad...choosing your battles wisely, I see.
;-)

Get feeling better soon Evan.