Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Class Reunion of Sorts

Yesterday, the wife and I went to hang out with some of my classmates from high school. I haven't seen most of these folks since graduation... a bit over twenty years ago. I didn't know exactly what to expect at this party, but it was an absolute blast... it blew away my wildest expectations. We drank a LOT. We reminisced. We trash talked each other, but it was all in good fun. There was no regression to high school... no cliquishness... none of the bad stuff that a little piece of me feared. I'm so glad I went! Hell, someone was dancing on tables before 10:00 PM!

It's kind of weird... I'm looking up old high school friends... reconnecting with Marine buddies. Don't get me wrong, this isn't some lame attempt to relive glory days. Without exception, we've talked about the past, but we're reconnecting as who we are today. There's a bit of me who wishes I'd done this sooner. But I guess I wasn't ready for whatever reason.

4 comments:

rayray said...

saw the pics on FB.
looks like a good time fer sure

Sunny said...

Glad to hear your "reunion" went better than mine did.
sounds like you had a BLAST!!

Paulius said...

The strangest thing is discovering the people your old friends have turned into.

It blows my mind what some of my old friends are up to these days.

Evan 08 said...

A good time was definitely had by all, and yes, it was cool to find out what everyone was up to. We didn't spend a lot of time talking about work, or high school for that matter. We enjoyed being the people we are today.