Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Think the Internet is Broken

Yeah, I know that it's effectively impossible to break the internet. But I've noticed some serious deterioration in the performance of some major sites lately. I've consistently observed the deterioration on multiple computers, in several locations and with different Web Browsers. Here's what I've noticed specifically...

Google: When I use the Google Search bar, whether it's in IE7 or Firefox 3.5, I've been getting a "Server Not Found" error. But if I refresh the search, I get the results I expect.

Blogger: Blogger has been pretty slow to load lately. And once the basic page does load, the widgets take a while to finish up.

Has anyone else noticed this? Anything else that you've noticed?

3 comments:

Evan 08 said...

YouTube... YouTube has been crappy lately as well.

Sunny said...

OMG- I thought it was just MY Laptop!!! Thank Goodness I'm not the only one noticing it. And it's ALL the major sites.

Paulius said...

Actually, since Charter upgraded our broadband from 5mb to around 20mb, everything's been great here.