Thursday, January 4, 2007

Who Says Global Warming Sucks?

Anyone who thinks that Global Warming sucks has not visited my little corner of the world. Here in the Midwest, we take pride in our hardy ability to withstand virtually anything that Mother Nature throws our way. The winters can be bitterly cold, the summers bring blistering heat and mosquitoes the size of small airplanes, rivers flood in the spring, and let’s not forget the tornadoes.

Since the planet has been warming up though, the harsh Midwestern weather seems to be losing a bit of its rough edge. The winters in particular have been progressively milder, the floods have been less severe, the mosquitoes have returned to their normal insect proportions and there have been fewer tornadoes. Who would have thought that I’d be able to ride my motorcycle in December and January in Iowa? Before long, Iowa will be the next hot spot for baby boomers to retire and our real estate values will skyrocket. If this is the type of long-term impact I can expect, I say bring it on.

Hey, somebody’s got to benefit from global warming… why not me?

No comments: