Monday, April 14, 2008

I Can't Help It

As I begin dismantling my old blog, I'm finding a couple of things that I didn't consider up front. I never thought about losing the comments from my old posts, and I think I've seriously underestimated the amount of time and effort required to move my posts. Losing the comments isn't a problem, it's simply something I hadn't contemplated while determining how to go about moving.

The migration of the posts though, is a bit more daunting. I'm pulled in several different directions... part of me wants to leave my older writing completely unedited, a pristine snapshot of a time long passed, but I can't do that. I have too much personally identifiable information in these unedited blog entries, so I must change some of them. And I find that as I change or remove names and dates, that I can't help but do further editing. It's like Photoshopping an old picture.

No comments: