Monday, October 10, 2005

A Great Weekend, and a Great Monday

A few days back, I mentioned that my wife and I were scheduled to have five days straight with just the two of us. I'm happy to report that that's exactly what we got, and we took full advantage of it. We cooked meals that the kids wouldn't like, we went to bed early (or late, depending on our mood), we slept in, we laid on the couch and read books together, we had an entire day that we devoted to just being together... it was great! By the end of last night we were charged up and ready to get back in to the swing of things with the kids.
This should explain why I'm having a good Monday, but it gets even better. I got one of my remote mail issues solved (accessing email via Outlook Web Access), so I'm one step closer to implementing Exchange 2003 in the entire division. But a call from my older daughter is what really made my day...
It was just about noon, and I was ready to head home for lunch, when I got a call from my house.
"Daddy?"
"Yeah."
"Are you coming home for lunch?"
"Yeah, I'm heading home now. I should be there in a few minutes."
"Okay, because I just wanted to see you."
Of course, being a dad, I melted. My kids have me sooooooo wrapped around their finger.
Yep, it was a great weekend, and it's been a great Monday. How often do you hear "great Monday?"
P.S. Can you tell that I'm feeling a little prolific in my writing today? Just remember... quantity doesn't always correlate with quality.

No comments: