Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Rainforest Cafe

When we started planning our outings, I knew that we’d have a lot of things to do, and little time to do it all. At the same time though, I wanted to make sure that we didn’t schedule so many activities that we’d need a vacation from our vacation when we got back home. With this in mind, the wife and I decided that a major outing every other day was a good balance. Since our first full day was a trip to the beach, the second day was planned as a slack day; the kids had different ideas though. They seem to think that adults are there to provide them with constant stimulus, and they were pretty insistent about it. Eventually my wife caved and took them shopping. Knowing that I’m not a big fan of shopping (I’d rather gouge out my own eyes with a spoon), I was allowed to stay home with my brother-in-law and play video games, but we did agree to meet the shoppers at the mall for lunch.

We ended up eating at the Rainforest Café. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the place, it’s got a jungle motif, complete with animated "wildlife." We ended up at a table next to an elephant. Every fifteen minutes or so, the jungle “comes alive” and all of the animals move and make noise. For the most part, it’s pretty cool. Occasionally though, man doesn’t quite get it right. Such was the case here… the elephant noises sounded more like flatulence than anything. So every fifteen minutes or so, our lunch was augmented by the comforting sounds of elephant farts.

No comments: