Thursday, April 27, 2006

You may recall me lambasting my high school graduating class in an earlier post, saying they're lame because I can't find any information about my 20-year reunion. I found out today that there is a get-together scheduled for mid-August. After doing a bit of research, I discovered that it's been planned since November.

I should note a little hypocrisy on my part. After all, if it was really that important to me, I'd have taken a little more initiative. Then again, I may be a little interested in some of my classmates, but not enough to do that much work. Either way, I offer my humble apologies to my not-quite-as-lame-as-I-thought classmates who have indeed been planning this reunion.

That said though, I don't hold any expectations for the event, except that I suspect people will tend to fall back into their old teenage roles, and it will be as cliquish as it was back then. People will be as lame as I remember them. The jocks will be taking the day off as head cashier at the local grocery store in order to relive their famous touchdown or tackle, the brains will get together and discuss quantum physics, the dirtbags will slip out every so often to get high, the members of the debate team will argue about politics... Nothing will have changed except that collectively, we'll have a few more wrinkles, a few more pounds, and a lot less hair. Why am I going? Well, I'm curious to know if I'm right.

No comments: